- Walking Boosts endorphins, which eases stress, tension, anger, Fatigue, and confusion, all within 10 minutes!!!
- Waling Reduces the risk of Glaucoma
- Walking Limits Sickness, Taking a moderately-paced walk for between 30 and 45 minutes daily was found to increase the amount of immune system cells that were present in the body. The levels of immunity boosters remained elevated for several hours after exercise and appear to have a cumulative effect in protecting against illnesses over time. – See more at: http://www.jonbarron.org/article/walk-away-colds#sthash.IR0TztY0.dpuf
- Walking improves balance Walking helps build lower-body strength, an important element of good balance.
- Walking improves heart health by increasing heart rate and circulation
- Walking improves blood pressure A U.S. study suggested that taking a stroll offers cardiovascular benefits for people who are morbidly obese.
That’s all today folks. I have to run to Comcast to get our new cable boxes, then I get to install them all by myself.
Yay!!! Sounds like a party.
Hearts my friends.
I had a very productive day yesterday. Today I’m going to scout out a few different walking trails for my new walking club.
This is me after my final workout yesterday. I will admit I’m not that cute in these pictures, but my life isn’t always cute. Sometimes I look a hot mess. I was so proud of myself for finishing such a grueling workout, and completing my challenges.
Last night I made vegetables egg rolls. They were excellent. I usually avoid anything fried, but I made an exception yesterday
Vegetable Egg Rolls
1 package egg roll wrappers
2 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
Peanut or vegetable oil
Julienne cut carrots, cabbage and scallions
Sautée scallions for 3-4 minutes
Add carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes
Add cabbage stirring constantly
Add soy sauce
Add rice vinegar
Do not over cook vegetables, make sure they are still crunchy and fresh
Once vegetable are done and seasoned to you liking remove from heat and let cool
Wrap your egg rolls
Take the bottom point of your wrap and fold it over top of the filling. Fold the sides in towards the middle and roll the filling towards the top point of the wrapper.
Seal the egg roll.
To prevent the egg roll from unwrapping in the deep fryer, you need to seal the seams; this also prevents oil from filling the inside of the egg roll. In a small dish or bowl, add cold water. Dip your finger into water and use this as glue to seal the top point of your wrap and any openings where you feel the wrap needs to be glued together
Cook your egg rolls.
Since the fryer temperatures will vary and size of the egg rolls will affect the cooking time, there is no set cooking time. Place 3-4 egg rolls in the deep fryer and allow to cook until golden brown. Roll the egg rolls in the oil to evenly brown the wrapper. Avoid overcooking the egg rolls.
Egg rolls are best served as soon as they have finished cooking. Serve with a chilled bottle of sweet cherry sauce, plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or anything you enjoy on egg rolls.
I also had tofu and eggplant for dinner. It was delicious, and way to labor intensive for me to share with you today.
Today is an hair day. If you haven’t notice I have dreadlocks. 2-3 times a month I have to re-twist my hair, to make sure my hair looks clean, manageable, and fresh. It takes me up to 3-4 hours to re-twist my dreadlocks, and that’s what I get to do today.
I usually avoid pictures when it’s time to retwist my hair, but because a lot of people will never see this process, I will share before and after pictures tomorrow.
That’s all folks.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was highly productive, which was a surprise. My boyfriend wanted to stay in and read all weekend. I love a man that reads, but I love a man that let’s me work on my projects, without bothering me, even more. I got to outline my next few projects, and create an Ad for myself, and my friend. It felt good to be creative during the weekend.
- Begin in full push-up position (legs extended, abs engaged, wrists under shoulders).
- Slowly rotate body to the right, lifting right arm toward ceiling and bringing right leg behind you.
- Push your hips up high, away from floor, keeping both feet grounded.
- Lower back to push-up position; then rotate to left.
- Do 3 reps on each side.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands on your hips.
- Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor (shown).
- Keep your torso upright and your hips and shoulders as square as possible.
- Return to start.
- Perform 20 reps and repeat, stepping back with your right leg.
- Add dumbbells once you master the movement with perfect form.
- Keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight.
- Bend your knees and lower your rear as if you were sitting down in a chair.
- Keep your knees right over your ankles.
- Seated, clasp your hands together and raise your feet out, 4-6 inches off the floor.
- You may need to bend them to make this easier.
- Twist your upper torso from side to side, touching your knuckles on each side.
- Do these fast,
- Begin in a squatted position with your hands on the floor in front of you
- Jump your feet back behind you as you lower your torso to the ground as if in the bottom phase of a push-up.
- Jump your feet back up towards your hands as if in the starting position again
- Jump straight up into the air extending your arms vertically to the sky, and repeat
Shout out to my Man, love you honey