Today we are making Raw Vegan Cashew Milk. I’ve been dying to try to make nut milks for a while, since regular milk just doesn’t rub my stomach the right way.
Why did I choose cashew milk instead of almond milk, you ask?? Because I don’t have to strain cashew milk true cheesecloth. I plan on tackling almond milk next week, so stay tuned for that recipe.
As mentioned before, regular cows milk just doesn’t rub my tummy the right way. It tastes yummy going in, but it gives me the worst gas I’ve ever smelt coming out. Since I live with my boyfriend I pay attention to foods that make me gassy and milk is on the top of that list.
I use almond milk in my smoothies every morning, but I’m getting tired of purchasing it every week. Why not make it myself?
- Cashews are lactose free
- Homemade Cashew Milk has 190 calories, 10g carbs, 6g protein, 15g fat
- 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 15% daily value of Vitamin K
- Vitamin K aids in blood clotting and building strong bones
- 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 13% daily value of Iron
- Iron helps carry oxygen in red blood cells and supports your immune system
- 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 25% daily value of Magnesium
- Magnesium helps produce energy and synthesizes protein
1/2 cup raw cashews
Sweetener – raw maple syrup grade b, agave nectar or honey
Dash of sea salt
Dash of Cinnamon
That’s All Today Folks