Asian Beef with Snow Peas
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice wine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound beef round steak, cut into strips
8 oz snow peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set mixture aside
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes
- Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately
In my house stir fry’s are served over rice, that’s just a suggestion.
Calories 203 kcal
I decided it was time to bite the bullet and try to prepare beef. I feel like the easiest way to cook beef is on the grill, but I don’t have a grill. I’m always afraid I’m going to over or under cook beef in the oven. I picked this recipe because Stir Frying is easy, and something I know I can handle. I was a big fan of the Juila and Julia movie. Julia Childs used to say: Be Brave (referring to cooking) so when ever I get nervous I tell myself to Be Brave and just cook. I was brave and my beef came out tender, juicy, flavorfully, and delicate. I’m very proud of my first beef dish, so proud that I had to share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy.