I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week.
Baked Sweet Potato
4 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Teaspoon olive oil
- Rise, scrub, and clean sweet potatoes
- Dry Potatoes and rub each one with olive oil
- Puncture potatoes with fork a few times
- Place potato in microwave one a time and cook them for 4-5 minutes until done
- In small bowl place butter and brown sugar
- Stir together until butter is soft and brown sugar is completely mixed in
- Once all potatoes are done place equal parts of butter mixture in each potato
I am a fan of all potatoes, but they do not look that great on my figure. Most people know sweet potatoes are good for you. Sweet Potatoes are high in vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Iron. They are also a great source of magnesium, which is a relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
Not only are sweet potatoes nutritionally good for you, they also taste great, and are simple to make. I truly enjoyed this recipe, and I hope you do to.
12-15 baby red or yellow potatoes (1-1/2oz each; 1-1/2 to 2 inches)
extra virgin oil
- Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Rise, scrub, and clean potatoes
- Coat potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place potatoes on aluminum foil lined baking sheet, and coat with cooking spray
- Cook potatoes for 30 minutes or until tender and smash-able
- Take potatoes out and poke with fork
- Gently smash potatoes with fork or palm of hand *Don’t worry if some break apart, you can still use them
- Spray with cooking spray and place smashed potatoes back into the oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy and deep brown around the edges.
- Serve HOT
This is a simple low fat way to prepare potatoes. My boyfriend and I truly enjoyed them. I hope you do too.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Original recipe by: Cooking Light
Adjusted with Love by: Me!